Water Leak Repair
#1 Water Leak Repair Company in Massapequa With Over 200 Local 5-Star Reviews
Our New York water leak repair services often require very few invasive wall procedures. Call us at 516-604-5673 to learn more.
Water leaks cause costly damage to your property. However, leak damage can hide behind walls and floorboards in ways that may not be immediately noticeable. When you realize your property has water damage, call a repair technician as soon as possible.
View our services at Chivalry Plumbing & Heating instead of searching “water leak repair near me” on the web. Our expert technicians know their way around Massapequa properties to repair water leak causes. Call 516-604-5673 to join the over 200 New Yorkers satisfied with our services.
Signs of a Water Leak
Water leak damage is often out of sight because of where the pipes lie. The damage may go unnoticed for several weeks as it grows. Signs you need a water pipe leak repair include:
- Hissing sounds from your plumbing
- The sound of running water when all faucets are off
- Increasing water bills without a visible cause
- Exceptionally lush portions of grass in your yard
- Visible wall or floor damage, usually in the form of buckling or mold
- Unpleasant smells in unusual parts of your home
- Cracks in your property’s foundation
Keep an eye out for these leak symptoms and call a plumber as soon as possible for a professional inspection. Because water damage can jeopardize the condition and safety of the property, a quick resolution is better for your budget and your health. Our qualified plumbers at Chivalry Plumbing & Heating have the experience to stop current and future water leaks.
Causes of a Water Leak
Pipe leaks can occur in any part of the plumbing system. Some locations need more maintenance than others. For example, a basement water leak repair requires in-depth attention because so few people spend enough time in the basement to notice signs early on.
Regardless of the location, the causes tend to be the same. Common water leak causes include:
- Corrosion: Over time, old pipes tend to degrade because of outdated material, rust exposure, and more. A water leak repair may require installing new kinds of pipes.
- Clogging: When a pipe clogs, the water pressure inside increases. If the pressure exceeds what the line can handle, the walls may give way, causing a burst or leak.
- Rapid temperature fluctuations: Temperatures affect water pressure and pipe materials. If the temperatures change too quickly, the pipe may warp, expanding or shrinking too much and causing a crack.
- Blunt force: Too much force on the outside of the line can cause it to crack.
- Broken seals or joints: Vulnerabilities in the connections between pipes make them weaker than other parts. Poor joint connections or sealants can leak water.
- Tree root damage: Tree roots can interfere with normal pipe function by growing around or breaking through them. The resulting wet spots in your soil could lead to sinkholes or damp patches.
How We Diagnose and Price Leak Repairs
Our primary goals when finding and diagnosing leaks are avoiding further property damage and being as unobtrusive as possible. Some pipe issues make themselves known easily, visibly dripping or causing water spots. Obvious leak signs usually necessitate simplistic repairs or replacements where the pipes meet or in small cracks.
We use advanced equipment to determine the exact location requiring a water leak repair in complicated circumstances. Our team may utilize pressure testing tools, moisture probes, or a thermal laser. This equipment allows us to locate the cause of the leak without requiring much demolition, thus reducing costs.
Some of these repairs can become costly if they occur in difficult-to-reach locations. Costs also vary depending on the property.
For example, the cost of a main water line leak repair is, on average, about $1,000. However, easy-to-locate leaks and pipes usually range around $150 at most to repair.
Our technicians always weigh the price against the location of the damage, the kind of piping, and more. We also provide estimates to determine the affordability of your water leak repair and present any needed financing options.
Call Chivalry Plumbing & Heating for Your Water Leaks
Chivalry Plumbing & Heating technicians specialize in locating places that need a water leak repair. Our tools help reduce repair costs while ensuring as much of your wall, floor, or yard stays as intact as possible.
Save your Massapequa property from long-lasting damage. Call 516-604-5673 for a free consultation or quote today!